Friday, August 14, 2009

Our trip to Utah (Summer Update pt 1)

So I thought I'd get everyone caught up cuz I've been LAZY about updating my blog this summer.... but with good reason! WE'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY THIS SUMMER!!!

We finally got an alarm system. Perfect timing before we went to Utah for two weeks. He'res Zac's thoughts about it, and what he would say to someone who tried to break into his house...



Then we went to Utah for two weeks..... and we drove.... with 2 kids.... and our dog!!!Roxy, our dog did great, kids did great too! They watched their DVD's








and kept their headphones on (so Jamie and I could listen to whatever we wanted instead of kids movies) and when the sun was in their eyes I would give them my sunglasses and they'd say, "It makes the sun go away mom!" We only stopped for gas (and we'd make Zac and Roxy pee) and then we'd be on our way.








Everything was going great till our car broke down in the middle of nowhere about 2 1/2 hours away from Provo


My stepdad Fred came and got us but while we waited we found a cute playground.

We had our car towed to Provo ($900 dollars in towing-$5/mile-our warrenty only covered $50 of it-don't get me started!)

We did still manage to have fun in Utah....


Visiting the Oaker Mountain temple



playing with cousinseating at J-Dawgs




Going to Kangeroo Zoo withLinda and Jackson Noble








Fishing



Parkcity


riding the chairlift to go down the alpine slide



Bulldozers and merry-go-rounds


2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the picture of the kids at Jdawgs...so cute!

betsey said...

sounds like a busy, but FUN trip! I'm impressed that you guys drove. Sorry about the car. How lame!