Monday, October 27, 2008

Bedtime stories





I was reading a post on Emily Smith's blog about a story from when she used to teach in the hood in Chicago and it made me really think about how lucky I am that my kids have a dad, that I don't have to struggle as much as a single mom does (it's still a struggle most days with two of us) and I wanted to give a shout out to my wonderful husband who is THE BEST BEDTIME STORY READER EVER!!! Seriously the kids are so upset on nights when daddy isn't home to read to them. so thanks Jamie, you're the bomb diggity (just haven't said bomb diggity in a while and felt like it was a good time!)

3 comments:

Becky Rogers said...

What a sweet dad. Everytime we were around you guys I have always noticed how sweet Jamie is to the boys. P.S. How funny that we dyed our hair at the same time...first time being a brunette for me. I love your hair!

Emily said...

Aw. . . shucks!
Jamie is the cutest bomb diggity dad EVER!
I really think children (especially boys) who have DADS who read to them are the luckiest kids in the universe! Jamie is one smart dad.

Oh and I love the new brunette look - you are seriously the most beautifully HIP mom I have ever met!

Cameron said...

Kids love their bedtime stories! I usually get to do the stories, but I think I'll start having Nat read to Nathanael too.