Monday, July 14, 2008

He's gonna be OK

BENIGN
The word of the day is "Benign" yeah!!! Zac's MRI results came in and he has what's called lipoma. It's a non-cancerous (benign) tumor made up of fatty tissue. It won't ever go away though, and it could slowly get bigger over time. So unless if we want Zac to pick up the nick name Quasimodo we better have it removed. We're getting a refferal from our pediatrician tomorrow for a surgeon to do that hopefully soon!

Man we wanted the kid to gain a little fat, but this isn't exactly what we had in mind!
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/lipoma-topic-overview

7 comments:

betsey said...

I'm glad to hear that Zac is going to be okay! How Scary for you! He is so skinny (and adorable) I like how he was just playing peacefully during the whole MRI process. What a good boy!

LCFrohm said...

I had one on my neck. I grew up (stupidly) thinking I had an Adam's Apple.
It wasn't until I was in the 5th grade I asked the nurse, who had no idea.
Had it checked out, got the same results, and didn't have it removed till I was like 19, when it looked like it was getting bigger.
Good luck! Glad it's all okay!
Are we going to get together this weekend with Carly in town?

The Nobles said...

That is great to hear that is is benign. I hope everything goes well with the surgery. Can't wait to see you guys in August.

Tiffany Feger said...

How wierd. At least it's nuthin'! You're good for getting it checked out. He doesn't seem to mind.

Katherine said...

Ava still has a crush on him and thinks he's HOT!

emmy said...

Phew!! What a relief! I'm glad to hear everything is okay.

Jeni said...

I'm glad Zac's doing well. Ü I'm sure it was a huge relief to hear it was benign.

I'd love to see you when you're in Utah in August. I don't think we have anything planned on those dates right now. We'll definitely have to figure out a date when we can meet up. I don't know what your plans are when you're here, but it'd be fun to go to Seven Peaks or do something fun like that.